This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Atomic commits for similar check-in's

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:24 PM

http://vssmigrate.codeplex.com/ has a branch where it will detect multiple check-in's with the same timestamp as one atomic commit. Does this include a feature to do that?

And was that the project you forked this from? Or where did you get your information on making this.

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Apologies for the delay in responding, doesn't look like I have automatic notifications enabled!

I haven't seen the project you linked before, although I can say that my version does do this yes. 

As mentioned on the front page, the original migration code came from http://www.poweradmin.com/SOURCECODE/VSSMIGRATE.ASPX, and I went to town on refactoring it and changing functionality to meet the needs of my own migrations.

Regards;
Richard Moss

May 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I am just getting started with this and it looks like exactly what I need.  So far it does the VSS stuff perfectly but chokes on the SVN stuff.  I believe the problem is that I'm using the the newest data format (1.7) and the SharpSVN client that you used only supports 1.5.  Is there any chance you have an updated version using the latest SharpSVN?

Any help is much appreciated. 

Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Edited May 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM
mobiDan wrote:

I am just getting started with this and it looks like exactly what I need.  So far it does the VSS stuff perfectly but chokes on the SVN stuff.  I believe the problem is that I'm using the the newest data format (1.7) and the SharpSVN client that you used only supports 1.5.  Is there any chance you have an updated version using the latest SharpSVN?

Any help is much appreciated. 

Hello,

I haven't tested this, but basically you'll need to download the 32bit 1.7 assemblies from here (don't use the 64bit ones as you must run as a 32bit process for the VSS integration) then extract the contents of that zip into the Cyotek.SourceSafeSvnMigration.Ui\libraries folder, overwriting any existing files. Then just reload the solution, build, and run. This should work, unless the authors of SharpSVN have changed their API which isn't too likely.

Hope this helps. Regardless, I'll try and find the time to update the tool to use 1.7 before the end of the week.

Regards;
Richard Moss

Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I updated the libraries folder with the SVN 1.7 binaries. However, I haven't been able to successfully test as I no longer have SourceSafe installed. But it seemed to be fine, bar the missing VSS COM reference on my local system.

May 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Thanks, I won't be able to try it today, but I'll let you know if it works.  I really appreciate your help.
Dan 

May 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM

It took a bit but I figured it all out.  This has saved me a tremendous amount of work.

Thanks again,
Dan 

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Excellent, glad it was helpful for you.

Regards;
Richard Moss