This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I upload code improvements?

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hi,

Sorry if this is an inappropriate use of the Discussions screen, but not sure how else to find this out. I've recently finished using vsstosvn for an amazingly successful migration of 1000's of files with 100's of versions - well over 125000 revisions created.

As part of this I made 2 changes to the program:

- added logging to file to keep a permanent record of the output

- added an optional flag to make the contents of the VSS project selected be migrated into the destination SVN project, rather than it reproducing the whole VSS project path above it.

What I don't know is how to submit these changes for scrutiny and possible publishing for others to use. Should I just zip up a folder with the changes in and submit them on the patch upload screen, or is there som eother approach? Please advise! This is my first foray into Open Source development so if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Regards, John

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

John,

Thanks for your message. It's up to you really, if you wish to post a patch feel free, or I can add you as a developer so you can integrate the code directly into the main branch. I assume that would probably be easier for anyone else who wishes to download the tool and I don't mind adding anyone who wishes to contribute.

Regards;
Richard Moss