This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

failures in binary and in source code

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:50 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Howdy.

When running either the binary or from source in VS 2013 (after installing SharpSVN via nuGet Install-Package SharpSvn.1.9-x86), I get the same error when clicking the Test Connection button on the SourceSafe login dialog.

Single-stepping through the code, the exception is triggered by the following line:

ssDatabase = new VSSDatabase();

in VssUtilities.cs: public static VSSDatabase OpenDatabase (string database, string username, string password).

The error text is:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.SourceSafe.Interop.VSSDatabaseClass' to interface type 'SourceSafeTypeLib.VSSDatabase'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{2A0DE0EE-2E9F-11D0-9236-00AA00A1EB95}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

The definition of VSSDatabase takes me to:
#region Assembly Interop.SourceSafeTypeLib.dll, v5.2.0.0
// C:\Temp\VSS2SVN\Cyotek.SourceSafeSvnMigration\obj\Debug\Interop.SourceSafeTypeLib.dll
#endregion

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

namespace SourceSafeTypeLib {
    [CoClass(typeof(VSSDatabaseClass))]
    [Guid("2A0DE0EE-2E9F-11D0-9236-00AA00A1EB95")]
    public interface VSSDatabase : IVSSDatabase {
    }
}
Is there an update to Interop.SourceSafeTypeLib.dll that I need to install and if so, how/where do I get it?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

-cj
Feb 4, 2016 at 7:17 PM
Found the fix at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms400776%28v=vs.90%29.aspx#WrongVersionDll

Uninstall all previous versions of SourceSafe and then reinstall source safe 2005.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Glad you got it sorted, good luck with the migration!