This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.


Incorrect timestamp for "Add" ("Created" in VSS)


Hi, I tried the GUI version of this tool and after setting up the hook with "exit 0" it ran smoothly. The revisions appear to be all there, with correct timestamps - except for the very first version of each file. For them the current date is used. Am I doing sometyhing wrong or is this a bug?

I use version 8.0.50727.42 of Visual Source Safe and a somewhat dated version of SVN installed on my NAS. (I don't remember what version it is or how to figure that out)


freber wrote Oct 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Weird. I downloaded the source, reset (removed and re-created) the SVN target repository and started stepping through the execution in Visual Studio (with the command line project). To my surprise, I saw that it had the correct timestamps at every step of the way. (Kudos for source code neat enough for me to quickly locate the relevant methods)

Then I checked the Repo Browser in TortoiseSVN again and magically the timestamps were correct in every file. Just the timestamps of the folders show the current date but I think that I can live with that.

I reset it again and ran the migration the exact same way as I did the first time - with the pre-compiled binary of the GUI version and again the results are correct.

I have no idea what caused this change but is would appear as if you can go back to sleep now. I will do my other repositories too and get back if it happens again.

freber wrote Oct 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

LOL, I think that it might all be caused by caching in the Repo Browser of TortoiseSVN.

cyotek wrote Oct 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM


Thanks for allowing me to remain asleep and working it out yourself!

Glad you've got it resolved, hope it did what you wanted :)

Richard Moss

wrote Oct 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM