This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Files with label comments skipped

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2012 at 3:49 AM

I am using changeset 14470 with VSS 6.0d.

I don't know if this is a problem with VSS2005 or not, but with 6.0d, a lot of files have label text in LabelComment. I had to change the following line:

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(version.Label) && string.IsNullOrEmpty(version.LabelComment))

to

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(version.Label))

I also changed foreach (IVSSItem childItem in projectItem.Items) to foreach (IVSSItem childItem in projectItem.get_Items(true)), as I want the history of deleted files as well. Perhaps the program should then do a second pass to delete the files from the latest project version in svn.

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the comments about the changes you made - as you noted, I tested using 2005 not 6.0D. I'm aware that there are some API differences between the two, off the top of my head I think there's a bunch of "Close" methods present in 2005 not in 6. Should I reinsintall VSS I'll take a look and make sure nothing is getting skipped!

With regards to deleted files, in all honesty it never occurred to me while testing the tool as I don't think I had any deleted files hanging around. Of course, with a VSS db that's been going for 14 years or so, I can't remember what was done to it. Maybe I'll restore it from a backup and do some more testing :)

Thanks again for the comments.

Regards;
Richard Moss