This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Corrupted files

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I have 1 corrupted file in my SSafe database. The SourceSafe utilities won't fix it. This tool seems to be doing ok getting around that (it's not aborting on it like previous tools). But, I do have a question. File A is corrupt, and this tool determines that a revision of file B should go into the same SVN revision. If the tool fails to get the revision of A, will it still commit the revision in question for B?
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my own DB where some files were corrupt and couldn't be recovered (in fact I remember the screenshot I took actually managed to capture one of these as they occurred :) ).

The tool will simply ignore the skipped file (A) and proceed with committing the revision with the files that it did successfully process (B).

Hope this helps.

Regards;
Richard Moss
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Awesome. Then the tool is doing great for me. Of course, my 25 GB database is going to take a few days to migrate :-) But, at this point, the conversion is just to preserve history, so I'm very happy so far.