This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

transferring from SoourceSafe 6.0d

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Hi Richard,
I am transferring from SoourceSafe 6.0d and a preview is not working. Also when I click migrate, it shows error "_migrate' is not a working copy". I would guess it is related to some required code changes you mentioned ? Could you point me to the right direction here pls. What is my next step?

Thanks,
Eugene
Oct 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Please disregard it. I made it working.
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your message. I'm glad you got it solved. However, would you mind sharing what the problem was and how you solved it? It may help anyone else who has a similar issue, or if it's a bug in the software I can try and fix it.

Regards;
Richard Moss
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Hi Rich,

It was due to multiple things so hard to say which one was wrong. #1. when I initially set vss location and later on you click "Browse" again, the "SourceSafe login" window defaults database name to the same what ever you have set up as a user name. #2. the error that I mentioned before was due to incorrectly specified location of SVN. I used "https:" how was showed on your sample picture, but in fact I had to use "svn://" prefix. The error message was to ambiguous for me to understand. But man, after I corrected all errors, it worked like a CHARM. So far this is a very nice product but I still continue my testing. If you need more info, I can forward you some screenshots.

Thanks,
Eugene
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Hello,

If I understand you correctly, sounds like the first one is a bug, shall take a look at that at some point. As for the second - not sure! I haven't used the svn:// protocol before, all my dealings with SVN are through the HTTPS protocol.

Glad it's working for you now though, hopefully it will do what you need :)

Regards;
Richard Moss